Our assistance makes a difference!



You have questions? You may find the answers in this section. If you don't find the information you are looking for, don't hesitate to contact us. It would be our pleasure to give you the information that you wish to have.

Question: I filed a complaint at the hospital in my area without using your services. The Local Quality of Services Commissioner would like to meet with me concerning my complaint, but I am not comfortable going there alone. Could you accompany me for that appointment?


Answer: We are available to accompany you for that meeting, even if you formulated your complaint without the assistance of the CAAP. However, we must meet with you beforehand to know the motive of your complaint, allow for preparation time and agree on a time that is convenient for all involved.

Question: My father resides in a long-term health care centre (CHSLD). A member of the staff is overly familiar with him and is sometimes impolite. I find this attitude inappropriate and I have already expressed my dissatisfaction to that employee, to no avail. I was wondering if I could make a complaint.


Answer: Indeed, it is important to express your dissatisfaction and filing a complaint could be the appropriate means of doing so. The personnel working with your father should show respect and also act with professionalism.

Question: I had a mishap when I was in the hospital three years ago. At the time, I didn’t know that I could file a complaint. Is it too late?


Answer: No, you can file a complaint regarding an event even if it happened a long time ago.

Question: A family member died. I think that there was negligence on the part of one of the physicians who treated him. Can I file a complaint even if he died?


Answer: Absolutely. As the heir or legal representative of a deceased person, you can file a complaint to receive an explanation and/or answers to your questions.

Question: I live in a foster home where I am the victim of psychological harassment. I would like to file a complaint, but I’m afraid of what could happen to me afterwards. I don’t know what to do…


Answer: Perhaps you should talk about your situation with the social worker at the institution with whom your foster family is affiliated, if you feel comfortable in doing so. The social worker can surely suggest ways of solving the problem and, if you think a complaint is appropriate, we can help you to formulate it.